Friday, June 19, 2009

Falling into place

A click.
The flip of a latch locking into place, the satisfying muted flick you hear when you push together two pieces of cardboard puzzle together, the sound of a key going into a lock and fitting perfectly, reorganizing boxes in your car so you can add more when you're moving, the soft clack of a locket closing and clasping together.

That's what I feel when I'm laying in your arms. That kind of satisfaction. That kind of contentment. That I'm secure, that I am right where I need to be. You calm me down and you speed me up, you motivate me and keep me grounded all at once. You inspire me to be better.

I am falling harder and harder for you each moment we breathe together. I could lay around all day and just breathe you in and I think I'd be happy.

No comments: